Our 2018 Christmas gift guide!
October's come around, which means that before you know it, Christmas will be here. If you're unsure as to what gifts to get your kiddies this year, not to worry, we've got you covered.
Any of the toys listed should be an absolute winner. According to experts at Toys R Us, this year calls for augmented reality, collectibles, slime, dinosaurs, unicorns and interactive pets, among other popular toys at the moment. These toys encourage children to spend less time glued to the screen and more time playing games that keep them moving and occupied.
According to Geoffrey's Best of the Best toys of 2018, (in no particular order) here are the top 25 toys in demand for Christmas this year:
(Available at Toys R Us and/or Babies R Us stores nationwide)
1. Tiny Tutus 46cm spinning doll (exclusive) R899.90
2. Jo Jo Siwa Bow Maker R299.90
3. Barbie Pink Passport doll and scooter (exclusive) R649.90
4. Caylee Doll House (exclusive) R699.90
5. L.O.L Underwraps doll R349.90
6. Enchantimals Deer House playset R599.90
7. My Little Pony singing Rainbow Dash R499.90
8. Scruff-a-luv fur balls R299.90
9. Peppa Pig Magic Princess or George 35cm R199.90
10. Hathimals Hatchibabies Foxfin (exclusive) 999.90
11. Furreal Rock-A-Too - The Show Bird R1299.90
12. Zoomer - Enchanted Unicorn R1799.90
13. A.R.I.A's Adventures R699.90
14. Fingerlings - Monkey with baby monkey (exclusive) R399.90
15. Nintendo Switch - Labo Robot Kit 1399.90
16. D.I.Y slime – slime laboratory (exclusive) R499.90
17. Don't Lose Your Cool R499.90
18. LEGO City 60193 Arctic Air Transport R399.90
19. LEGO Boost 17101 Creative Toolbox R1999.90
20. Paw Patrol Sea Patroller R999.90
21. PJ Masks Race into the night figure set (exclusive) R199.90
22. Transformers remote controlled Bumblebee Beetle R399.90
23. Remote control smart driver 1:24 R299.90
24. Quadcopter RC129WG with camera R999.90
25. Ride-on Merc GTR red/white R3499.90
Some other toys you should consider purchasing
According to John Jordaan, MD of Prima Toys, kids are definitely still playing with toys despite the onset of smart devices. He discusses the popularity of the L.O.L. Surprise Pets, which is this year's local and international bestselling toy for girls, also stating that collectibles such as Shopkins (despite launching season 10), are "showing absolutely no signs of slowing down!"
Jordaan says "Figurines and vehicles are still at the order of the day" and discusses the exciting introduction of new party dress up claiming "Dress up and role play are key components of early learning, promoting imaginary play."
Treasure X R199.99
Little Live Pets Dragon R349.99
Kekilou doll R99.99
Shopkins Small Mart from R49.99
National Geographic Science Kits - R199.99
These items can be found on Takealot.
L.O.L. Surprise Pets - R199.99
Trixx360 - R129.99
Ben 10 Alien Projection Omnitrix - R599.99
Do you advocate for toys that reduce screen time for kiddies? Let us know by emailing us at chatback@Parent24.com and we could publish your comments.
- WATCH: Toddler complains about ‘morning coffee’ in adorable video
- Need five minutes to keep your toddler and preschooler occupied? It’s Peppa Pig to the rescue
- Who said going to the dentist is scary?
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.