Matric exams 2017! Here's all you need to know
The future is almost here... every matric can taste it. Now to get through these final NSC exams. And we know it's not just tough on the young adults – exam-time is tough on the whole family.
So here's a list of stories and resources you and your matrics may find useful.
Old matric exam papers
We cover every subject with hundreds of old exam papers from 2008. From maths and physical science to agriculture and dance studies, they're there.
When doing these papers, encourage your teen to set the alarm clock and try to finish the paper within the same amount of time they'd have when sitting for the actual paper. That way they can identify key problem areas.
The NSC timetable
Create a study timetable
We've designed a printable you can download and print out to work out your own study timetable.
Matric study guides
Study and exam tips
- Matriculant with 97% average shares her secrets
- 12 end-of-year exam tips
- How to study using flashcards effectively (yes, even in matric)
- Last year's top matric achievers share valuable study advice
- How to master learning with mindmaps
- How to study with mnemonics devices
- Curb exam stress with these tips
- Symptoms of extreme stress and how to cope
- Tonnes of advice to study more effectively
- Don't cram! And other exam tips
Need to know:
How to support your matriculant:
- Food to optimise studies
- Teach your kids to see difficulty this way and they're more likely to succeed
- Are you stressing about the exams more than your kid is?
- Help your teen study effectively
- Perform or else? When we put on an unhealthy amount of pressure
- Coping tips for parents of matriculants
- Whose exam is it anyway? How to best support your teen
- Studying and headaches - all you need to know
- Matric: the hardest M of all
Sign up to News24's Matric Results tool and you'll be notified the moment the results become available!
What happens next year?
- 6 ways to access matric results
- After matric – what’s next?
- I'm not happy with my matric marks, what now?
- Failed Matric? Don't worry, here's your Second Chance
- How to help your child study abroad
- South Africa's universities and colleges: contact details
- My child is not interested in finishing matric. What now? Options for school leavers who don't have a matric
- Should my child take a gap year?
- What gap year option is right for my child?
- Empty nest: How to cope... and how to cope (we've written quite a bit about this!)
- How much a first year costs at a SA university in 2016
- Where to find funding for tertiary studies
- Failure is not the finish line
To share your comments, advice, stories and concerns around matric and the final NSC matric exams, email email@example.com and we may publish it.