WATCH #ParentingHacks: How to make decadent monster mousse!
Looking for a delicious and decadent birthday party dessert?
With Halloween around the corner we decided to make the spookiest monster mousse EVER!
Inspired by orange jelly boo cups by Meet the Dubiens, we decided to make our own rich and creamy chocolate recipe. Check out the video below for a step by step on how to make it.
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 180 g caramel treat
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- Mini smarties
Tips and tricks
- This recipe yields 5 cups, depending on the size of your cups. We would, however, suggest doubling the entire recipe which will not affect the taste or outcome of the mousse.
- For a bit of crunch we’d also suggest breaking Oreos into the mousse mixture for a Oreo monster mousse – yum!
- Piping the cream that you’ve kept aside works great to create the ghostly figure perched on top of your mousse. However, if the mousse is going to stand for a while or it’s a really hot day, we suggest buying or even making meringues to pipe on and blow torch. Meringues are a great alternative because they are firmer and which kid doesn’t love a delicious marshmallowy meringue?
- We used mini smarties for the eyes but you could also use mini astros, chocolate chips or even chocolate sprinkles. You can also play around with one-eyed or three-eyed monster to make your monster mousse even spookier!
Try out this monster mousse and send us your comments and pictures to email@example.com and we may just publish them.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.